frequently asked questions
Check our bag of magic beans for the answer!
The timeframe of a design project will vary depending on each individual brief. Generally, I like to allow several weeks for a full branding project. However, if you have a specific deadline then please make me aware and I will discuss your needs in terms of a timeframe during our consultation.
The design process is a collaborative journey and we both have responsibilities to ensure a successful final product. I promise to respect your time and our set schedule, and I ask all my clients to do the same by being timely with providing feedback, sending content, etc. Major delays in client responses may result in our project being pushed back in my schedule and your deadline not being met.
A deposit of 50% is required to book in your project. The balance of the invoice is to be finalised prior to the handover of final files or at 30 days – whichever comes first.
If you have a logo that you love AND it’s working for you, I am happy to chat to you about your design needs for your marketing material. I love creating all the ‘extra’ bits + pieces.
Each step in the design process includes two rounds of revisions. Any additional revisions are charged at an hourly rate.
Not at all, I have worked with many brands over the years that have a more masculine appeal - some very much so. Strength of colour is my main focus and the style will be tailored to your business.
Print management is part of the service. All your printed material will be delivered directly to your door, including everything from business cards to pull-up banners.
If you need to contact me during our time spent working together or you need me to clarify anything, I am available on the phone or happy to answer questions via email. My office hours are 9:30am to 5:00pm Monday – Thursday.** Please note, I don’t work nights or weekends but will respond to emails or calls during my contact hours.
Download the Price Guide below or contact me directly via the contact page. You will be sent a link to book in for a FREE 15-minute consultation. From there we will discuss the next steps and whether we are a good fit for each other. Then we can begin the branding journey together.
Well, truth be told, I am a lolly-holic, candy girl. Jellybeans, snakes, raspberries, sour lollies… oh joy of all joys! All the sweetness and sugar…. nom nom nom.
Terms & Conditions
- ‘Happy Splat Design’ is Megan Horsfall trading as Happy Splat Design.
- ‘The Client’ is the party making a booking for design related services from Happy Splat Design.
- ‘An Order’ is the request for services from Happy Splat Design.
- ‘The project’ is a term used to describe service from Happy Splat Design.
The terms and conditions apply to all dealings between The Client and Happy Splat Design. By placing an order with Happy Splat Design, you as a Client are forming a legally binding contract for services and you agree to the following terms & conditions.
- All quotes are valid for 30 days only.
- All prices are excluding GST unless otherwise stated.
- All prices are in Australian Dollars.
- Any additional work outside the terms of the quote will be charged at an hourly rate of $85 per/hour.
- Happy Splat Design is not responsible for increases in materials by third-party services (eg printers, packaging suppliers, web developers) where the increases are beyond our control.
- A 50% non-refundable booking deposit is required before starting any design project over $600.
- All design projects under $599 require to be paid in full upfront.
- All overseas clients are required to pay 100% upfront regardless of the project price.
- Payments are to be made either by bank deposit transfer or PayPal.
- Paypal is also a payment option however there is a 3% fee for this.
- All invoice terms are 5 business days from the date of the invoice.
- Accounts which are not paid on time will incur a late administration fee of $50 + GST.
- Accounts which remain outstanding for 14 days after the date of invoice will incur an additional payment fee equivalent to 5% of the project's costs for each week payment is outstanding.
- Final artwork files will not be handed over until the invoice has been paid in full.
- All printing invoices must be paid prior to sending the artwork to print.
- All work not completed within a 2 month period will be invoiced regardless.
- Payment is required for any artwork or drafts, that have been terminated on your request at any stage of development, prior to completion. An invoice will be issued as ‘work to date’.
- If debt collection is required for unpaid invoices, The Client is responsible for any costs incurred (fees/commissions payable to the debt collectors)
- The Client may cancel this Agreement for any reason by providing a minimum of 10 days written notice to Company, any deposit paid prior to cancellation will be non-refundable.
- Happy Splat Design may cancel this Agreement at any time for any reason by providing written notice to The Client. In the event that Happy Splat Design cancels this Agreement, Happy Splat Design will provide any artwork completed and paid for to date.
- Happy Splat Design cannot guarantee the outcome of design services and the client’s comments about the outcome are expressions of opinion only.
- The Client acknowledges that Happy Splat Design cannot guarantee any results for design as outcomes are based on subjective factors that cannot be controlled by Happy Splat Design.
- Happy Splat Design is an online business therefore the majority of our communication is made via email, this helps us keep track of specific design requirements & any changes required.
- If you would like to chat with us on the phone or via Zoom we are happy to do so, however, we ask that you please email us and make an appointment for a time to chat.
- The Client assumes full Copyright and reproduction rights upon full payment of a completed project.
- Happy Splat Design retains personal rights to use completed projects and concept artwork for the purpose of marketing Happy Splat Design.
- All images displayed on the Happy Splat Design website or Facebook page are subject to Copyright, and must not be copied or used without full permission from Happy Splat Design and the Client. Any breach of copyright will result in legal action being taken as necessary.
- The Client allows Happy Splat Design to display any projects on the Happy Splat Design website/ Facebook page/ and portfolio for self-promotion purposes.
- The Client agrees to allow Happy Splat Design to credit design work on all websites designed by Happy Splat Design.
- Happy Splat Design will make every effort to meet deadlines. All quoted turnaround times are approximate. Happy Splat Design will not be held responsible or liable for any costs resulting from late artwork or printing deliveries.
- Approval is required for all projects, via email prior to work being released.
- Whilst all care is taken by Happy Splat Design, Happy Splat Design is not responsible for any spelling, grammatical, numerical errors or omissions after final approval. Even if these errors are from Happy Splat Design, it is the Client’s responsibility to proofread and check thoroughly their projects to identify any errors prior to approval.
- Some designs may contain stock images that are available for purchase.
- Any images supplied by the Client must be provided in high resolution and preferably in CMYK. Happy Splat Design is not responsible for colour variations in conversion from RGB to process CMYK.
- Happy Splat Design is not responsible for the reproduction quality of supplied images.
COLOUR MATCHING & PRINTING
- Whilst all care is taken, Happy Splat Design does not take responsibility for Client supplied artwork that does not print properly.
- Please note that colour on projects can vary from screen to final product. Screen proofing is not indicative of final printed piece. Printed colours can vary from printer to printer, job to job, run to run, or even front to back, due to the nature of the CMYK printing process.
- Trimming can vary from printer to printer.